Tencent has now finally launched the Lite version of PUBG Mobile in India, a much-awaited version of PUBG Mobile for the users which have phones with 2GB of RAM or less.
Less than a month after PUBG Lite for PC beta version was launched for the Indian users, Tencent Games has released the lite version of its PUBG Mobile in the country. The PUBG mobile Lite first made its debut on PlayStore in Philipines about a year ago. The Game is currently only available for Android users in the country.
Indian Users can download the PUBG Mobile Lite from Google PlayStore for free and start playing the game. According to Tencent, The lite version of PUBG Mobile is also made on the unreal engine 4, just like the PUBG Mobile, But it is more optimized for low-end smartphones which have 2GB of Ram or less. It comes with a smaller map made for 60 players, unlike 100 players in PUBG Mobile.
The India launch of the PUBG Mobile Lite coincides with version 0.12.0 update for the game, which brings a lot of new updates like a new weapon “RPG-7”, new vehicle “Buggy”, three new locations, and more. The update also increases the number of players to 60 in the classic mode, which was limited to 40 earlier.
“With an installation pack of just 400 MB and built for devices having less than 2 GB RAM, the Lite version is set to run smoothly for all players”, the company said in a statement. “Keeping in mind that more than half of the smartphone users in India use an entry-level smartphone, the specifications that the Lite version of the game is designed to accommodate exactly that. New players joining in will be eligible for various rewards, in the form of new gears and vehicles.”
Key Features of PUBG Mobile Lite:
- Enhanced Aim Assist: With the all-new auxiliary aim assist, in order to make aiming simpler and comes in extremely useful while playing in weak network environments. The intensity differs between the crawling and standing positions, simplifying the control while preserving the unique PUBG Mobile experience.
- Upgrade to Winner Pass: The Winner Pass replaces the Royale Pass and will have much faster achievement unlocks and span a month, with fantastic rewards on offer.
- Bullet Trail Adjustment: PUBG Mobile Lite will feature increased bullet speed and no bullet drop effect, for a clearer shot which is specially made to account for weak network environments.
- Weapon Recoil Suppression: The adherence mechanism also suppresses the weapon recoil to a certain amount, which facilitates game-control and makes for a better experience in weak networks. Different guns have different gun pressure effects, highlighting the different experience of each weapon.
- Extended Time to Kill: The update will also appropriately increase the ‘Time to Kill’ which would enhance players survivability during firefights and encouraging aggressive play.
- Location Display: The map will expose a shooter within the mini-map’s range, providing simplified battle info extraction and increased battle speed.
- Heal yourself while moving: Players will now be able to heal themselves in all stance except for when they are prone. This is particularly useful in high latency conditions where movement actions might inhibit the healing mechanic in the game. This will help speed up the game pace and increase survivability.
- Building Areas/ Supplies optimization: Complementing the smaller maps, building density and loot frequency has been increased to expedite the looting process and enhance the battle progression.
- Map Quality Optimization: The game will also feature optimized map quality and the parachute loading screen.
- RPG and New Firearm integration: With the lite version, players will now get to experience a new weapon in select game modes only, allowing a chance to form new attack and defense tactics